Monday, May 31, 2010
This is a gift set for Lisa's baby shower (about 2 weeks ago) it is a Baby Carry-All Tote (sorry, I wrapped it up before I took the pic) with 3 compartments ... Yep ..... she's having a girl .... I have filled it with singlets, socks, onesies and baby products. Then I made the Onesie card to accompany the package.
A sympathy card to a work colleague:
A Thank You card for a male colleague:
And two class projects:
Have a great and wonderful week!!!
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Anyway, to kick off my creative weekend, I have a very simple card for the Just Add Ink Colour Challenge - Taken with Teal, Melon Mambo and Elegant Eggplant.
Cardstock and Ink: Teal, Melon and Eggplant
Stampset: Medallion, VVogue wheel (on melon scallops), Background - Sanded, Rustic Rooster
Accessories: 1" punch (scallops), silver brads, clear embossing powder, non su ribbon
Now if you would like to check out the Design Team at Just Add Ink, as well as some other fantastic entries, click here you will be pleasantly surprised and highly inspired!!!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Anyway, first things first .... I have been soo lucky and very very privileged to have received this Beautiful Blog Award from ..... wait ..... not one person ..... but FOUR .... gosh I could hardly believe it myself.
I have received this award from the very lovely Rhonda Statham, the extremely talented Danielle Daws and the delightfully gifted Petronela Hardy and fabulously creative Patrice - you need to check out their blogs, cos they are truly inspirational in every sense of the word.
Rules of the award is to share 10 things about yourself, and pass the award on to other beautiful blogs:
- I love papercrafting - with a passion!
- My favourite colour is red, and I love red wine and red lollies
- I started travelling when I left school as a dancer in a Polynesian dance group
- I love music and I love to dance
- Japan is one of my favourite countries - I love the people, the culture, the language .... and the food!!!
- I was born and bred in Wellington, NZ - now live on Gold Coast, Qld
- I love to read - and my most favourite read so far is "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series
- Grease is still my favourite movie
- I was an avid shoe addict ..... I have way too many shoes to count ..... I still have shoes in their boxes that have not been worn
- Now I am a converted Stamping addict .... have given up shoe shopping for craft shopping .... like my shoes .... I have stampsets still unmounted, inkpads still in plastic .... ha ha .... and a "need to have, gotta have" unused brayer still sitting in the back of a drawer.
Whew .... well, that's a little bit of FYI about me.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
So here is my card for this week:
And this is the Inspirational picture:
I cut up the rose pic and layered it .... it wasn't till afterwards that I thought I should've done another layer, but I added crystal effects to the petals, so hard to see here ... but it just added an extra dimension without the layer.I also used the DSP from Bella Rose and overstamped it with the leaf/vine stamp from Vintage Vogue, I cut out the white and pink cardstock from the top note die, trimmed the edges on the white and embossed it with the Manhattan embossing folder. The ribbon and clear button are non-SU.
Hope you like my card .... and if you are ever in need of inspiration at any time - then head on over to Inspiration's cos the Design Team are phenomenal!!!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
The day kicks off at 10.00 am and goes right through until 4.00 pm. You are more than welcome to bring along your own projects to work on or you can do some of our pre cut kits that will be there all ready to go.
There will be lots of things happening on the day like:
- Demonstrations using the latest Stampin' Up! Products
- Make and Takes
- Home Made Cards and Gifts to Buy
- Spot Prizes
- Door Prizes
- Tea & Coffee
There is a $15 entry fee and all of the entry fees will be donated to the Teaching class room at Gold Coast Hospital.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Anyway, in order to receive this award and pay it forward - the rules are as follows:
- Put the Sunshine Award on your blog and/or within your post.
- Pass the award onto other bloggers.
- Link the nominees within your post.
- Let them know they received the award by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Share the love and link the person from whom you received the award.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Just Add Ink (15) has a sketch challenge and Pals Paper Arts has a Monochromatic Blues challenge ... both of these challenges perfect for my needs:
Here is the card:I too am a lover of kitchen string .... looks great on male cards!!!
Here is the Just Add Ink sketch that I used:
This is the other card that we will be doing in class:
I have actually cased this card here cos I really liked it and once again thought it just perfect for the class.
Anyway, don't forget to check out all the wonderful and fabulous creations at Just Add Ink and Pals Paper Arts.